Community forum

¡Bienvenido al foro de la comunidad!

Si tienes problemas de software, este es tu sitio. Construyamos entre todos un lugar mejor, proporcionando experiencias, información de uso y tips. Si tienes alguna pregunta, procura dar información detallada sobre tu sistema.

Si tienes problemas de hardware, tramita la GARANTÍA AQUÍ, ya que nuestros técnicos no suelen revisar el foro por estar trabajando en reparaciones.

DC barel jack

manjo

Hello all,

Often DC barell jack may be more convinient for powering the Slimbook laptop!
Can you tell us which ones of the power adapters available from the Accessories are compatible with which laptops, espcially with the new AMD Excalibur, also which barel jack dimension(standard) is that?

Thank you and keep up the good work!

Discard
5 Answers
Vaja Benidze Slimbook
Best Answer

Good morning @Manjo,

I assume you're referring to the new Excalibur, which only comes with a USB-C charger. We don't have official DC Barrel chargers for the Excalibur, but it can work without any issues with a DC charger with a 5.5mm / 2.5mm connector.

You can purchase one through our store.

https://slimbook.com/en/shop/product/aicr010120-2004-120w-additional-ac-adapter-executive-14-i7-13700h-1132

Best regards.

Discard
manjo
Best Answer

Thank you @Vaja Benidze
yes, I see the charger was listed under Excalibur accessories, but when you click on it... it shows it as explicitly "Executive" product
maybe this should be made clear as "Excalibur and Executive" compatible product?

So it is: 5.5 / 2.5 mm DC barel jack (very good info)

I hate to sound nitpicking, BUT i LOVE your products - I realy have no complaints so my take on this is:
with just a bit more clarity here and there -it will not hurt and will clear any doubts.

As always, good work and best regards!

Discard
Vaja Benidze Slimbook
Best Answer

Hello @Manjo,

Sorry for not detailing my previous comment better. I forgot to include key information for your understanding. As I was mentioning, the Excalibur is only sold with a 100W USB-C charger, although it also features an additional DC Barrel connector with the mentioned dimensions.
The required voltage for its proper functioning is 20V and 5A. The closest match to these specifications is the 120W charger from the Executive 14 13Gen (although it's 20V 6A, it's safe to use), which you can find in the link I provided. That's why it's not listed in the "Excalibur" parts nor are there any alternatives offered for a 20V 5A charger specifically for the Excalibur.
If we observe a high demand for this type of charger for the Excalibur, we will consider adding it as a purchase option.

Best regards.

Discard
manjo
Best Answer

Thank you for your elaborate and detailed answer.
OK, yes, I understand USB-C is very well chosen and in-line to EU regulation for phone and laptop chargers,
however ITS GREAT VALUE to offer dedicated (DC barell power supply as accessory FOR SURE)

Discard
Vaja Benidze Slimbook
Best Answer

Exactly, in addition to the possibility of easily removing the battery by the user.

Anyway, if you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Thanks for trusting Slimbook!

Discard