Foro de la Comunidad

¡Bienvenido al foro de la comunidad!

Si tienes problemas de software, este es tu sitio. Construyamos entre todos un lugar mejor, proporcionando experiencias, información de uso y tips. Si tienes alguna pregunta, procura dar información detallada sobre tu sistema.

Si tienes problemas de hardware, tramita la GARANTÍA AQUÍ, ya que nuestros técnicos no suelen revisar el foro por estar trabajando en reparaciones.

Support of ACPI S3 (Suspend to RAM) sleep mode

SWAN_UA

I've already asked this regarding "Excalibur 16 AMD Ryzen 7 7840HS" and received answer - " it has ACPI S3 support as an option in BIOS"

But in general and to keep track I think that is good to reflect this in specs as it is a thing that is dropped by many mainstream vendors but still desirable and a significant stopper for someone like me who still think that what was done is ideocratic decision that causes a lot of troubles.

So in general it will be good to explicitly say that it is still supported (and clients shouldn't bother with patching DSDT tables) and probably reflect in testing scenarios - like how long Notebook can be kept in Sleep mode, with S3 it should be predictable but with S0iX states probably not (up to completely compromised/unusable mode).

For me personally it is a great significant benefit in comparison with products from DELL/HP/etc

Descartar
6 Respuestas
Vaja Benidze Slimbook
Mejor respuesta

Hello SWAN_UA,

Thank you for the suggestions, we will publish the results of the Sleep mode and many more tests in the coming weeks.

Best regards.

Descartar
Mixa
Mejor respuesta

I'm also interested to know this kind of information, as I currently hold XPS 9500 which doesn't support S3 and it is a deal breaker for next laptop that I will buy. I discarded a lot of premium stuff like XPS, Thinkpad because now they don''t support S3, and also looked into Framework and some other Linux based manufacturers and saw the same thing. In the end I was considering to switch to Mac but I'm not a fan of Apple (Evil corp.).

If Slimbook really works with S3 and under Linux support S3 I would very much consider buying Executive 16" for my next laptop! Especially now that they are updated with 13th gen Intel.

Descartar
SWAN_UA
Mejor respuesta

Good article about the problem:
https://blog.jeujeus.de/blog/hardware/laptops-will-not-sleep-anymore/

So can we rely on Slimbook here, I'm still waiting on a final confirmation to order it?

Descartar
Vaja Benidze Slimbook
Mejor respuesta

Good afternoon,

Unfortunately, Slimbook has decided not to proceed with the implementation of S3 suspension technology in any of our recent models, as we believe that S0 is perfectly integrated with Linux and should work correctly.

Best regards, and apologies for any inconvenience.

Descartar
SWAN_UA
Mejor respuesta

Unfortunately I’m not interested in Slimbook anymore, but out of curiosity, what is the guarantied sleep time with the perfectly integrated S0 on Linux (or percentage of battery discharge per some time in "Sleep")?

Descartar
Vaja Benidze Slimbook
Mejor respuesta

Good afternoon,

The new Excalibur features a 68Wh battery. Upon entering sleep mode, it consumes approximately 18-20% of the battery every 24 hours, which translates to roughly 0.80% per hour on Ubuntu 22 LTS.

Best regards.

Descartar