Foro de la Comunidad

¡Bienvenido al foro de la comunidad!

Si tienes problemas de software, este es tu sitio. Construyamos entre todos un lugar mejor, proporcionando experiencias, información de uso y tips. Si tienes alguna pregunta, procura dar información detallada sobre tu sistema.

Si tienes problemas de hardware, tramita la GARANTÍA AQUÍ, ya que nuestros técnicos no suelen revisar el foro por estar trabajando en reparaciones.

Support / Downloads for the new AMD Excalibur

manjo

Seams not to be working (404)

although like the most -I am a GNU/Linux user, I would still love to se a couple of Windows drivers,
namely:
AMD platform/chipset driver and
Realtek WiFi / BT driver
in one place (Downloads/support page)

Thank you, keep up the good work!

Descartar
8 Respuestas
Vaja Benidze Slimbook
Mejor respuesta

Hello @Manjo,

It has been decided not to have all the drivers in a single .zip file (which I imagine is what you are asking) because clients with slow internet may encounter problems when downloading large files, hence why they are separated.
You can find the drivers for Windows here: https://slimbook.com/downloads?ruta=Excalibur/AMD/Ryzen-7000-HS-Series/

Best regards

Descartar
manjo
Mejor respuesta

No, I was talking about a broken link on Excalibur product page
 i see the problem now:

Now I see... "Excalibur / AMD" in main Support / Downloads section.
(that's very good)

BUT:
at the bottom of the Excalibur product page, there is a Support section, there is "Drivers & Downloads" -> link is called "Excalibur"
it links to:

https://slimbook.com/en/downloads?ruta=Excalibur/AMD-Ryzen-7000-Series/
ofcourse that doesn't exist (Error 404) it should be:
https://slimbook.com/downloads?ruta=Excalibur/AMD/Ryzen-7000-HS-Series/

Thanks, keep up the good work!

Descartar
Vaja Benidze Slimbook
Mejor respuesta

You are absolutely right, the link had become obsolete, it should work again now.
Thank you for bringing it to our attention!
Best regards.

Descartar
thpoll
Mejor respuesta

Hi @Vaja
I also tried to setup a dual-boot, but when installing Windows on the second partition, the setup says that it missing device drivers to continue setup. I extracted all the zips from https://slimbook.com/downloads?ruta=Excalibur/AMD/Ryzen-7000-HS-Series/ to a USB stick, but the installation could not continue with that (I tried win10 and win11 installation iso). Am I missing something?

Best, Thomas

Descartar
Vaja Benidze Slimbook
Mejor respuesta

Hello @thpoll,

The Excalibur drivers are for after Windows is installed, not before. The issue you're experiencing may be due to incorrect installation of the  USB installer or a defective USB drive. Follow this tutorial to create a Windows USB installer:

https://slimbook.com/en/blog/guides-2/post/how-to-create-a-windows-bootable-usb-from-linux-with-ventoy-384

If you continue to encounter problems, don't hesitate to contact us again.
Best regards.

Descartar
manjo
Mejor respuesta

Hello @Thomas (thpoll),
although I'm obviously not @Vaja but since I made a dual boot setup myself I feel I may be of some assistance,
The easiest way to setup dual boot (Windows AND Linux) is to install windows first and then linux because windows has a nasty habit of messing up the grub, where linuks is much more cooperative and doesn't behave in such malicious way.

So, having that in mind my recommendation is to:
1) install windows first, by normal windows instal procedure,
2) shrink the windows partition (make room for linux install) and
3) then install your favorite Liunx flavor on top of it.

NOTE:
During installation windows will not ask for any additional drivers -the installation should complete normaly,
in the end you will have 4-5 unrecognised devices in device manager (WiFi among those) that's the point where you install provided drivers: AMD platform/chipset drivers, GPU driver and WiFi/BT driver.
(from that point on -> all your devices should be fully operational and cared for by windows :-)

I did a similar thing but I insisted on having absolutely independent windows installation and Linux installation so:
I installed my OS-es individualy (one by one) while physically removing the other drive so.
Probably I could do this without physically removing the drives but it seamde the cleanest possible and easiest to me at that point so...

The end result is similar maybe a bit more flexible, for example:
I can remove any of the disks and boot normaly in to the other one without any interventions,
I can choose to boot any of the disks from BIOS, or GRUB and/or
I can boot to windows disk virtually within Linux (or vice-versa)

This is "my take on the subjet" -it's how I did it... you may consider doing it the similar way,
in the end it's up to you and "your mileage may vary" as they say :-)

Best regards and...
BE ONE OF US :-)

Descartar
thpoll
Mejor respuesta

Thanks both for your answers, I'm aware of the side effects of installing the OSes the other way around, but I'm currently stuck at the Windows installation (Independent which way around to install), which gives me the message:

A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB or Hard disk driver. If you have a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive with the driver on it, please insert it now.

I searched for the issue and of course I'm not the first... Usually it seems related to the iso not written correctly or using an unsupported USB3.0 port... 

Btw I tried the tool as mentioned by @vaja and I can boot the iso from the Menu (via Wimboot) and also tried the plain iso on a USB Stick which also boots, but both methods give me that error message :(

Descartar
Vaja Benidze Slimbook
Mejor respuesta

Hello @thpoll,
So, the only thing left is to change the USB and try installing a different version of the Windows ISO. A few weeks ago, a client had the same issue and solved it by downloading the Windows ISO in English version. For others, changing the USB fixes it; it's something related to Windows and its drivers. Hope you can find the solution soon.
Best regards.

Descartar