Foro de la Comunidad

¡Bienvenido al foro de la comunidad!

Si tienes problemas de software, este es tu sitio. Construyamos entre todos un lugar mejor, proporcionando experiencias, información de uso y tips. Si tienes alguna pregunta, procura dar información detallada sobre tu sistema.

Si tienes problemas de hardware, tramita la GARANTÍA AQUÍ, ya que nuestros técnicos no suelen revisar el foro por estar trabajando en reparaciones.

Question about charging

hgb

Hi, from what I can see, the Slimbook (the Executive/Fedora variant) comes with a custom charger.  From other questions it also seems like it can charge over USB-C.  What's the rationale for a separate charger?  Is that even allowed by newer EU standards?

Descartar
6 Respuestas
Vaja Benidze Slimbook
Mejor respuesta

Good afternoon hgb,

I don't think I quite understood the question. Could you please indicate where you read that it comes with a customized charger?

If you are referring to the following image, as you can see, it's a DC Barrel Jack charger: https://slimbook.com/web/image/product.attribute.value/215/product_related_image

And it connects to the first connector on the right, as shown in the following image: https://slimbook.com/web/image/63036/Fedora-EX16-banner6-IMG4.png

Our Executive comes with a DC charger, and the connector is standard.

Yes, it's also possible to charge the Executive with USB-C, but using PD 3.0, the maximum charging is 100W. Therefore, the 16-inch version needs the charger that comes with the purchase to achieve maximum performance. For the 14-inch version, there's no issue as it doesn't require more than 90W to operate but you'll still need a USB-C 100W PD charger.

Best regards.

Descartar
hgb
Mejor respuesta

Right, thanks.  I didn't mean "custom" as in "we invented our own", more as in "not USB-C".  I don't have any other devices today with their own charger, I charge everything with USB-C, and really don't want to be carrying around an extra charger.

Descartar
Vaja Benidze Slimbook
Mejor respuesta

Exactly,
The Slimbook Executive, Elemental, Pro X 5000, and the latest Excalibur are fully compatible with the USB-C PD 3.0 100W charging standard.

Remember that if you are considering buying one the Executive models that the charging limit is up to 100W, the Fedora Slimbook 14" would be perfect for you.

Best regards.

Descartar
hgb
Mejor respuesta

Thanks, that sounds good.  I'm a bit on the fence between the Framework laptops and the Slimbooks, but Framework won't ship to Norway, so...

Descartar
sberla
Mejor respuesta

Hey Vaja, you recommend a 100W USB-C charger for an Executive 14 rather than a lower wattage then?

Descartar
Vaja Benidze Slimbook
Mejor respuesta

Hello @sberla,

If you plan to use the Executive 14 and work at the same time, it's always recommended to use the official charger because there can be peaks where the laptop needs more power. If you use a charger with lower wattage, it might not be sufficient and could shut down.

Best regards.

Descartar