Foro de la Comunidad

¡Bienvenido al foro de la comunidad!

Si tienes problemas de software, este es tu sitio. Construyamos entre todos un lugar mejor, proporcionando experiencias, información de uso y tips. Si tienes alguna pregunta, procura dar información detallada sobre tu sistema.

Si tienes problemas de hardware, tramita la GARANTÍA AQUÍ, ya que nuestros técnicos no suelen revisar el foro por estar trabajando en reparaciones.

persistent update notifications

Roberto D'Alba

Since a few days, after the computer restarts I get the same notification that an updated was installed. Even after I cancel it, it reappears at the next restart.

What can I do?

Descartar
3 Respuestas
Eusebio Giner Slimbook
Mejor respuesta

Hi Roberto,

What operating system do you have installed? Have you tried searching for the error on the internet to see if it happens to other people with your system?
Regards,

Descartar
Roberto D'Alba
Mejor respuesta

Thanks for your reply Eusebio,

I have Slimbook OS installed.

Yes I have tried and the only result I found was on ask ubuntu (or so), to uninstall flatpack and snap support in GNOME Software, not Ubuntu Software.

This has apparently solved the issue but I'm not sure that i screwed up something else here.....

New to linux and also to slimbook OS.

UPDATE: problem is not solved. I'm thinking of reinstalling the OS and now I'm not sure if I should stick to Slimbook OS or just install stock Ubuntu.

Thanks,

Rob

2 Comentarios
Descartar
Eusebio Giner Slimbook
-

Hi Roberto,

Have you tried to update what the message says from Gnome Software?

In slimbook OS flatpak is installed so the user can download .deb packages since Ubuntu only allows snap.

Regards,

Roberto D'Alba
-
Hi Eusebio,

The message I get says that the updated were installed but it keeps reminding me at every startup. Even after i acknowledge them, at the next startup I get the same notification.

I have even tried to re-install slimbook os from the provided usb stick but the issue remains. I have therefore disabled the notifications for Gnome Software.

I don't know what else to do.

Regards,

Roberto

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

On Tuesday, December 12th, 2023 at 09:11, Eusebio Giner Slimbook <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Roberto,

Have you tried to update what the message says from Gnome Software?

In slimbook OS flatpak is installed so the user can download .deb packages since Ubuntu only allows snap.

Regards,

Enviado por SLIMBOOK .

LuisPa
Mejor respuesta

Same problema here. Slimbook OS.

Also tried flatpak, snap, and other recommendations around software mgmt found in the net, without success. I now simply ignored, but will revisit this one day. 

I'm suspicious about something installed days after I received my executive14 with slimbook OS. During the first days the "software mgmt" overall worked perfect. 

Today I have this popup after restart plus unestable/slow Software mgmt. 

Luis

Descartar