Foro de la Comunidad

¡Bienvenido al foro de la comunidad!

Si tienes problemas de software, este es tu sitio. Construyamos entre todos un lugar mejor, proporcionando experiencias, información de uso y tips. Si tienes alguna pregunta, procura dar información detallada sobre tu sistema.

Si tienes problemas de hardware, tramita la GARANTÍA AQUÍ, ya que nuestros técnicos no suelen revisar el foro por estar trabajando en reparaciones.

How disable UEFI secure boot

ifraixedes

I got a Slimbook Executive 14".

I was installing Arch Linux, I wanted to experiment with a fully encrypted disk. At the point 

I read about using the secure boot, so I went to the UEFI firmware (a.k.a. BIOS) configuration and enabled the secure boot.

After that, I'm not able to boot from any device, including the thumb driver where I have the Arch Linux installer.

I tried to disable the UEFI secure boot and while it appeared as disabled, when I saved the changes and the computer restarted, I realized that I could not boot with the same message, and when I went to the UEFI firmware the secure boot appears enable.

I tried to reset the UEFI firmware factory defaults, but the issues remains.

How can I disable the secure boot so I can boot from the thumb drive again?

Descartar
1 Respuesta
ifraixedes
Mejor respuesta

I tried again after I had the computer off and unplugged for a few hours and when I accessed the UEFI and marked the secure boot as disabled, saved, exited, and entered again the secure boot was disabled.

I don't know why this time worked, the only difference was that I switched off and unplugged the computer for a few hours.

Descartar