Foro de la Comunidad

¡Bienvenido al foro de la comunidad!

Si tienes problemas de software, este es tu sitio. Construyamos entre todos un lugar mejor, proporcionando experiencias, información de uso y tips. Si tienes alguna pregunta, procura dar información detallada sobre tu sistema.

Si tienes problemas de hardware, tramita la GARANTÍA AQUÍ, ya que nuestros técnicos no suelen revisar el foro por estar trabajando en reparaciones.

External monitor has no signal

Carlos Noceda Riva

Hi, 

I'm configuring my brand new Executive 16" and I found a problem that I've no idea haw to solve. When I connect the external monitor to the HDMI output, xrandr found it and detect it, but the monitor said there is not signal. I extend my descktop executing:

xrandr --output eDP-1 --auto --output HDMI-1 --auto
To keep it simple. As you know the laptop has 2 cards, but in these case only Intel Iris is working.  If you execute xrandr --listproviders
Providers: number : 1
Provider 0: id: 0x46 cap: 0xf, Source Output, Sink Output, Source Offload, Sink Offload crtcs: 4 outputs: 4 associated providers: 0 name:modesetting
I don't know how to continue with the troubleshooting. Any idea?

thanks in advance
Descartar
6 Respuestas
Alejandro López Slimbook
Mejor respuesta

Hi Carlos,
Can you test with a LiveUSB ?
Best

Descartar
Carlos Noceda Riva
Mejor respuesta

LiveUSB of which distribution? 

Sorry I don’t know if you’re asking that. 

Descartar
Alejandro López Slimbook
Mejor respuesta

Oh, yes! Ubuntu 23 it's fine for testing

Descartar
Carlos Noceda Riva
Mejor respuesta

I've start with LiveUSB Ubuntu 23 and at the begining it dosen´t work. Then I go to settings and everytihnd was OK, it detects the monitor but not signal. Then I change the config to mirror and it works. I put it back in extend and it works. So, there is no hw problems. Must be something with the drivers. But I really dont know how to continue, there is a lot of information about configuring the two cards. I'm going to disable Nvidia in BIOS ans try only with the intel. 

Descartar
Carlos Noceda Riva
Mejor respuesta

I think I get a solution, the problem is solved in this way:

- If you detect an external connection to HDMI. Configure only this output turning off the laptop screen..

status_HDMI=$(cat /sys/class/drm/card0/*HDMI*/status)

if [ "${status_HDMI}" = "connected" ]; then
  xrandr --output HDMI-1 --auto --primary --output eDP-1 --off
	sleep 1
fi
Then you can configure whatever you want.
 Thanks for your help!.
Descartar
ifraixedes
Mejor respuesta

I had a similar issue with Executive 14".

I was configuring Arch Linux Sway (Wayland).

After several hours of browsing, checking logs, and thinking that it could be related to drivers, it started to work in Sway configuration, and with the external monitor connected to the HDMI port, I configured the external monitor with its resolution and disabled the laptop screen.

Before I tried to configure only the external monitor as before, but it didn't work, the key was to disable the laptop screen. Once I did it, now it works fine even with the laptop screen enabled.

Descartar