Foro de la Comunidad

¡Bienvenido al foro de la comunidad!

Si tienes problemas de software, este es tu sitio. Construyamos entre todos un lugar mejor, proporcionando experiencias, información de uso y tips. Si tienes alguna pregunta, procura dar información detallada sobre tu sistema.

Si tienes problemas de hardware, tramita la GARANTÍA AQUÍ, ya que nuestros técnicos no suelen revisar el foro por estar trabajando en reparaciones.

Executive 14 Bad left side thunderbolt port.

Harry Medway

I think I've got an issue with the left side port on my Executive 14 (13700, black, US ANSI keyboard)

The thunderbolt connectivity and USB Alt-mode displayport functionality appears to be broken. It will charge over USB PD connections, and function for some usb connections (ethernet, mass storage device), but that's it.

Whenever I plug in to a thunderbolt device I get an error in the kernel log asking if the usb cable is bad. The port appears unobstructed and the contacts are undamaged.

The right side port is still functioning correctly, and the same cable works reversed every which way in the right port.

It was working before today. I've tested the thunderbolt dock  was plugged in to with another laptop and there's no issues there.

Apr 05 17:10:47 fedora kernel: usequipementb usb4-port1: Cannot enable. Maybe the USB cable is bad?
Apr 05 17:10:47 fedora kernel: usb usb4-port1: config error
Apr 05 17:10:51 fedora kernel: usb usb4-port1: Cannot enable. Maybe the USB cable is bad?
Apr 05 17:10:51 fedora kernel: usb usb4-port1: config error
Apr 05 17:10:52 fedora kernel: usb usb4-port1: config error
Apr 05 17:11:06 fedora kernel: usb usb4-port1: config error
Apr 05 17:11:10 fedora kernel: usb usb4-port1: Cannot enable. Maybe the USB cable is bad?
Apr 05 17:11:10 fedora kernel: usb usb4-port1: config error
Apr 05 17:11:14 fedora kernel: usb usb4-port1: Cannot enable. Maybe the USB cable is bad?
Apr 05 17:11:14 fedora kernel: usb usb4-port1: config error

I was wondering if there was anything I should do to test - like a board controller reset or battery removal/hard power off.

Let me know if there's anything I should try before sending it back to get checked out!

Descartar
1 Respuesta
Vaja Benidze Slimbook
Mejor respuesta

Hello Harry,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Executive.

Unfortunately (as far as I understand), only the right USB-C port is Thunderbolt-enabled (40Gbps), while the left USB-C port is Gen2, operating at 10 Gbps. This port still supports video and data output, but for more advanced connectivity such as Thunderbolt, you'll need to use the right port.

You can find more information on the product webpage, under the section "PLENTY OF CONNECTIVITY". https://slimbook.com/en/executive

Best regards.

Descartar